-1 1/3 cup Dried Chickpeas
-2/3 cup Dried Fava Beans
-2 tbsp Falafel Seasoning Blend
-1/2 an Onion
-1/4 cup water
-4 cloves garlic
-2 tsp Salt
-1 Tsp Baking Soda
-1 Tsp Baking Powder
-1/4 Cup Tahini
-3 Tbsp Yogurt
-3 Tbsp Lemon Juice
-1 Clove Garlic
-1/4 Tsp Salt
Toppings: Tomatoes, cucumbers, pickled parsnips, pickled cucumbers, parsley
Bread: Joseph’s Flax Pita Bread, 2 mini pitas per serving
1. Soak both beans in water overnight (they will double in size).
2. Drain the water. Then, coarsely grind beans in a food processor, along with the onion, garlic, water and salt.
3. Empty into a larger bowl and hand-mash in the seasoning, baking soda and baking powder. Let sit for 15 min
4. In the meantime, chop the veggies for topping & preheat the oven to 375°F.
5. Form small patties with the bean blend using mini tool. Place on a greased baking sheet 1 inch apart. Spray the tops with olive oil.
6. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip. Then, bake for another 10 minutes.
7. Tahini Sauce:Mince garlic.
8. Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Add more water if needed.
Nutrition information: 5 servings, 450 calories, 18g fat, 41g carb, 27g protein