3lbs of beef (works with any thick cut)
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 Quart of Beef Bone Broth
1 Large Onion halved
1 Garlic Bulb (10-15 Cloves)
1 Cup of Carrots
1-3 Dried Chili Peppers (these are HOT)
6 Thyme sprouts
10 Bay Leaves
2 Tsp Cumin
2 Tsp Cloves
2 Tsp Paprika
1 Tsp Salt
1. In a large pot, heat up the olive oil to braise the beef in (medium heat).
2. Once the beef is browned on the outside, pour in the broth.
3. Add in the onion, garlic cloves, carrots, chili peppers, thyme, and bay leaves. Add water if everything isn’t submerged in liquid.
4. Cook covered for an hour. Then remove the veggies, bay leaves, & thyme and put them into a blender. In the blender, additionally add in the tomatoes, cumin, cloves, paprika, and salt. Puree.
5. Add the pureed veggie blend back into the pot. Cook for another 3 hours on medium heat. Check every hour and add water if meat isn’t fully submerged.
6. Fork apart the meat to shred.
To serve we recommend a base of spinach and cilantro rice, topped with tomatoes, pickled parsnips, and fresh lemon